Nov 25, 2017
Join citizens of the Middle Kingdom as we explore what the book
of Proverbs has to say about being a workaholic.
BBC Article on Workaholism
Genesis 2:3, 15
II Timothy 2:6
I Timothy 5:8
II Thessalonians 3:10
The Bergen Work Addiction Scale
(1) Never, (2) Rarely, (3) Sometimes, (4) Often, and (5)
- You think of how you can free up more time to work.
- You spend much more time working than initially intended.
- You work in order to reduce feelings of guilt, anxiety,
helplessness and depression.
- You have been told by others to cut down on work without
listening to them.
- You become stressed if you are prohibited from working.
- You deprioritize hobbies, leisure activities, and exercise
because of your work.
- You work so much that it has negatively influenced your
Scoring of «often» or «always» on at least four of the seven
items may suggest that you are a workaholic.